Wednesday, September 14, 2005

"To blog or not to blog," this has been my question for some time now. Should I join the ranks of frenetic angst writers, perturbed pundits and various other representatives of the literate world, or should I avoid adding yet another voice to an already deafaning
roar? Obviously I have chosen the latter.

So, what moved me to begin blogging? Well, to be honest, the reasons are primarily selfish. I need to write more, and blogging has made writing cool again. Since beginning my arduous career at the Master's Cemetary, I have found frequent occasion to sympathize with that pathos-troubled American poet and story-teller Edgar Allen Poe when he penned the following lines at the opening of his well-known poem The Raven,

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore..."

I have on occassion, while thus engaged in poring over some tome, felt the gentle tapping, not of a Raven, but of some pitiable thought begging to be formed and freed from the obscurity and tormenting activity of my mind. Since a number of these thoughts have begun to collaborate, and the sum volume of their will has risen to a level of mild distraction, I have finally and fully acquiesced to their desires.

Now that the Pandora's box is open, what may be found to issue from it? Well, my patient reader, it is my wish that the words of this blog shall impart grace to the reader, whether through the provacation of Godward thought or the sheer enjoyment of levity. Your comments are welcome and requested, assuming they are appropriate.

And thus it begins...

1 comment:

Tony Kevin said...

Welcome to the world of Blogdom, my brother. I look forward to reading your amazing grammar and seeing more of your deep thoughts. I'm praying for you.